In accordance with the National Quality Framework our Educators implement a curriculum which will reflect each individual child. Our program is developed to assist each child’s development and enhance their learning.
Our curriculum is based on the interests and skills of each child, these skills are observed and extended to make the foundation of the program. We encourage families to participate in our program by sharing information about your child’s interests, new skills, likes and dislikes.
Our experienced educators will observe each child to have a true understanding of the learning each child has been developing.
Our program will ensure that:
- Children are encouraged to express themselves creatively through a wide variety of indoor and outdoor activities.
- Children’s fine and gross motor skills are strengthened and developed through a wide variety of both indoor and outdoor activities including manipulative play, block play, carpentry, water and sand play, dramatic play, drawing and other physical activities such as running and skipping.
- Maths and science concepts along with natural aspects of our environment are encouraged through block play, building, cooking, water play, collecting harmless leaves and insects.
- Language development is encouraged through staff modelling, news, show and tell, story time, games, poems and drama.
- School readiness as well as social/emotional and independence skills are strengthened through a wide range of activities designed to enhance a child’s senses.
- Music and movement activities encourage physical, social, intellectual and fun areas of a child’s development.
Families must know that our programs are provided for different age groups and to children with different levels of ability so transition from one stage to the next is individually structured. A child’s home language, culture and religious practices will be accepted and included in the program.